Gamoteca believes in the democratisation of game-based learning design, by industry learning & development professionals and professional eLearning designers, as well as subject matter experts and trainers with more limited eLearning or technology experience.
In addition, we are keen to support organisations design and deploy game-based learning experiences as part of their learning offer. We challenge traditional models, and embrace design thinking by bringing the end users into the design process right from the get go. We recognise that organisations may lack the initial capacity to shift to new paradigms of learning including gamification, serious games, micro-learning and peer-to-peer experiences, and are happy to support with the transition.
We will provide game-design consulting and technical support on how to best adapt the existing content. As with various medium transformations, the process is not just about migrating to a digital format but reimagining the learning experience, leveraging what Gamoteca has to offer and working within the technical boundaries of the platform.
We have worked with partners to provide:
Define the learning objectives and specific audience
Create a multi-role storyboard with game elements
Design a custom game in the Gamoteca game creator engine
Deploy the game at scale on a Learning Managment System (LMS)
Creating a game that achieves its learning objectives, is interactive and fun is not an easy task, especially if you don’t have any experience with designing game-based learning experiences.
Gamoteca’s game-based learning experts can help your organisation define learning objectives and create a custom game that fits your organisation’s needs. The game creation support gives you time with learning experts to:
- Define the learning objectives and specific audience
- Create a multi-role storyboard with game elements
- Design a custom game in the Gamoteca game creator engine
- Test the game
- Add media (illustrations, animations, video, 360/VR) (if necessary)
- Deploy the game at scale for a large number of players via instant sessions on a Learning Management System (LMS) or via facilitated custom sessions
- Single sign-on and LTI/xAPI integrations for sending game completion information back to your LMS
- Throughout the process, we are keen to build capacity within your team to create, publish and adapt games.
The costs of the game creation vary according to length and complexity of the game, and is calculated at per day consultancy rates. As an example, an interactive game with two roles and 15 interactions (approximately 1 hour of game play) would take about 10-15 days of consulting time.
Adaptation to specific organisation and training needs
Facilitation throughout in a face-to-face or completely virtual setting
Expert e-learning and game based learning facilitation
Access for all participants to the Gamoteca game creator
Hackathons should not be reserved for coders and technology specialists. The main objectives of a learning hackathon are:
Learning about game-based learning – Participants are introduced to the basics of gamification, serious games, design thinking and the Gamoteca game creation engine and player
Co-creation using design thinking – Participants are given the opportunity to apply design thinking practices, collaborate with each other and rapidly co-create new game-based learning experiences
The process is accelerated, and through co-creation teams produce a game-based learning solution at the end of the hackathon, usually three days.
Wondering how to rapidly move your learning towards a more digital, yet interactive format? Have an idea for how to encourage human connectedness in the workplace (especially times of isolation)? Want to develop a game to combat the impact of your organisation on the environment through green behaviours at the workplace? Hackathons are the right place to start.
Gamoteca’s experts can develop a virtual learning hackathon of (9 hours spread over 3×3 hour sessions) or an in-person workshop (3-5 days) in which participants get to explore their own learning design problems and try to solve them with innovative solutions, including game-based learning.
- Adaptation of hackathon to specific organisation and training needs
- Facilitation of hackathon throughout in a face-to-face or completely virtual setting
- Expert e-learning and game based learning facilitation
- Access for all participants to the Gamoteca game creator
The development of the hackathon, completely customizable to specific training needs and facilitators, have a per day consultancy cost of:
- Design of the hackathon based on the organisation needs (3-5 days)
- Facilitation and technical support through the sessions (3-5 days)
- Post-hackathon coaching & mentoring, and technical support (2-3 days)
- Realtime evaluation of approach, content and methodology (1-2 days)